Wednesday 24 February 2010

Shaggy to Smart in a Couple of Hours!

Hamish was due to see his Aunty Helen last week for grooming but as it was half-term he had to wait an extra week and so was just a tad shaggy this morning ...

He gets so excited when he knows where he's going and while he's with Helen we go for a mooch around the shops in Camborne. I popped into the mobile phone shop where I'd ordered a new screen as I'd cracked mine somehow and I left it to be repaired while we shopped. Unfortunately the chap had got stuck with a customer and so when I returned he still hadn't managed to do it. We decided to pick Hamish up and take him for a walk somewhere as we now had an hour to kill. Helen suggested the Great Flat Lode and so we drove over and found a parking spot.

It was quite muddy at the entrance so I found an alternative way through and there on the ground were four 20p coins and a fifty-pence piece! I like a nice surprise and with nobody around to claim them they were soon in my pocket! We had a nice stroll to the bridge over the railway ...

and then made our way back passing some ponies tucking into hay ...

The gorse was in bloom and looking very spring-like ...

and I even found a crocus hiding in the grass ...

Hamish enjoyed his walk ...

When we got back to the entrance I took a few shots of the old engine house ...



and then it was time to go and collect my phone. It's now looking like brand new again thank goodness. Once home Hamish was back in his favourite position on the back of the sofa but this time looking much smarter ...

2 comments:

Chrissie said...

Very smart, Hamish :-) Hope you are all ok.

Martha said...

Hamish looks much better!!! He certainly was shaggy!