Sunday 7 February 2010

The Heights of Portreath

It was a lovely morning and Mike had a letter he wanted to hand deliver to a house on Green Lane so we decided to take Hamish for a walk and scale the heights of Portreath. We began by walking up Battery Hill where we found some new building works since the last time we'd been this way ...

It will be interesting to see what they turn out like but they'll certainly have a great view ...

On up to the top with a quick look down at the beach ...

and then it was up the public footpath getting higher every minute ...


It was a long way down to the car park ...

We even looked down on Tregea Hill ...

The tide was in the harbour and it was just glorious ...

We've watched this house being built and underneath the steps in the bowels of the house is a swimming pool ...

I looked over a wall and there in full bloom were some Cornish daffodils. Such lovely flowers they always make me smile ...

After delivering the letter we turned around and made our way back down the hillside. The sea was fantastic in the winter sunshine and there were a couple of surfers braving the cold water ...


Once back down to the car park I couldn't resist this photo ...

There are certain members of my family who are quite keen to buy The Retreat as it's on the market!

7 comments:

Chrissie said...

These are first daffodils I have seen this year :-)

sally-ann said...

I think Cornwall is always one of the earliest places for them to bloom and I've seen quite a few. I love daffodils because it always means that spring is just around the corner :-)

Jo Anne said...

I'm envious of your walk - I've been cooped up for 4 weeks now and it's about time I tried getting out and about in readiness for my return to work next week - perhaps I shall just try walking on the flat first though LOL

Anonymous said...

Those people who want to buy it are very keen, however, they might have to ask The Bank of Porthreath for a loan. perhpas it could form part of an income instead of a small rental property......

sally-ann said...

I don't think The Bank of Portreath has that much money spare for a loan :-)

Penny said...

Thanks for the comment on our wedding anniversary,
and for the lovely walk which brings back happy memories of Cornwall.

mypilatescornwall said...

lovely pics..had no idea the retreat was up for sale....hmmmmm..lottery ticket needed.....x