Friday, 12 February 2010

RV Repairs

On one of our holidays in 2008 Mike had a slight accident when driving the RV from a parking place in a shoppers car park. We were parked next to a trolley bay and when he pulled out left he forgot the bay was there and caught the rubber strip along the side. Getting it repaired has been on a to-do list ever since and finally it is done. We'd tried to buy the rubber when we went to the Explorer Group HQ on our trip last autumn but they didn't have a spares department. The advice we got was to find a local place that dealt with them and order it through them. Luckily for us Coachcraft and Leisure at Scorrier are on their list and were able to order it for us. On Tuesday this week Mike left the RV with them and then he collected it the next day. This morning we went over to the storage site for me to see the work and they've done a really good job. You have to take my word for the mess it was in before as Mike forgot to take the camera with him for a before photo! Now it has new rubber and the dents in the casing have been straightened out ...


They managed to cut in a new piece of the edging at the back which had also got damaged ...

Our RV now has Jo and Paul's caravan parked up next to it and we're all looking forward to some warmer weather when we can go away for a weekend ...

3 comments:

Jo Anne said...

Looking good - and I hate to say it but I'm looking forward to our caravaning weekend LOL

Anonymous said...

So you should! Watch out Devon & Sumerset, here comes Jo!

Chris said...

Somerset will hold its breath LOL!