Saturday 29 November 2008

Tech Day or Shopping? What Do You Think!

Mike and I went our separate ways today!

It was a Tech Day at Collins of Probus and definitely not my scene or Jo's so we hit the shops of Truro while Mike and Paul did their 'thing' at the garage ...

gleaning loads of useful info on the cars, eating fish and chips (naughty, naughty!) and generally chatting all day about engines and all those parts that mean nothing at all to us but are to do with an MX-5!

Jo parked at the Park and Ride and I got to use my new bus pass - great - a free trip into town. There are certainly some perks when you get older. She had a list of presents that she needed to buy and I only had a couple of things that I wanted but it was good to have a mooch around and not be feeling guilty that I was dragging Mike along where he didn't want to be. We had lunch in our favourite haunt - The Lounge - and then it was back on the shopping trail before getting the bus back to the car.

It was Redruth's turn to have their Christmas lights turned on tonight and so Mike brought Hamish over to Jo and Paul's and we all walked into town. We just missed the actual turning on but we had a wander around and Jo took these photos ...

our local radio Pirate FM were in attendance ...

and the boys met some new friends ...





2 comments:

Sage said...

I love those doggie boots in Redruth, I think their are some more of them a bit further up cocking their leg on a lamp post as well. Looking forward to New Year in Cornwall...

Joanne said...

Unfortunately to ones cocking their legs didn't last long.... some people complained about them! Obviously got nothing better to do 'cause I thought they were great!