Monday 3 November 2008

The Big Six-O!

It is a very significant date today!

I can now travel for free on the bus and I can draw my pension! Yuk – I feel ancient!

However I’ve had a fantastic weekend with Mike and my boys and while out for a meal on Saturday evening with family and friends I was presented with tickets to see Strictly Come Dancing – The Live Tour 2009 at Wembley!! How cool is that??!! Roll on February – I can’t wait! Maybe turning 60 is not so bad after all! Thank you so much Jamie, Simon and Phill.

The day has made me a trifle nostalgic and so I found this card which was sent to my parents back in 1948 welcoming me into the world …

and this is a photo of me in my pram at the tender age of four months - ah!

From that to this …

in 60 short years!

Mike asked me what I'd like to do today and as it was a sunny morning I said I would like to go to Godrevy for a walk and to see the seals. The beach was very busy ...


and the lighthouse was as good as ever ...

The sun was shining over St Ives and the sea and the rocks below looked lovely ...

On our way back we climb over this sort of stile made of stone ...

to be greeted by the sign telling us how far it is to get home!

It was cold and breezy but certainly blew the cobwebs away.

Home for lunch and a piece of birthday cake ...

8 comments:

Sage said...

Happy Birthday, hope you had a good day

Joanne said...

Happy Birthday - glad you had a nice day - have a good evening x

Joanne said...

Just realised - was this blog title a play on words to get in the name of a favourite book ??!! If so it took me long enough! DOH! x

sally-ann said...

I didn't realise it when I wrote it but thought afterwards that I'd been particularly clever!! :-)

Lucy-Ruth said...

HAPPY 60th BIRTHDAY!!!
So glad to see that you had a great day!
Lucky you going to see Stricly Come Dancing Live! I'm watching SCD now!! Very Spooky!
Happy birthday again!
Lucy
Xxx

sally-ann said...

I'm watching it too!! Thanks for the birthday good wishes xx

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday from Seattle as well! Just caught a few new visitors who came from your blog, so I had to come check it out. Very nice ~ you take great photos. I've added you to our blogroll as well. Nice to meet you!

sally-ann said...

Hi Jamie, I've been watching your blog for a while now - you take good photos as well! Thanks for adding me to your blogroll and nice to meet you too!