Thursday 10 March 2011

Helston Boating Lake

We headed for Helston today for an appointment at the opticians. I know it's a long way from Portreath but I always went there when it was Batemans and so we've stayed loyal now they are under the banner of Vision Express. My father was an optician and he was manager of the G C Batemen branch at Hove, Sussex. I think it is very sad that they were taken over and I know that my dad would be very upset to see what has happened to the old company. After the sight test where I learned that I have the beginnings of cataracts - the joys of growing old! - we went round the boating lake on our way to the car. The trees were looking great and there was plenty of blossom ...

and although there were no boats on the water the wildlife were there ...

I just wish we'd known about the roadworks by the lake in advance and then we wouldn't have been late for our appointment! Hopefully when we return to pick up my new specs the work will be finished.

2 comments:

jordiegirl said...

I remember visiting Helston many years ago, back in the 1970s.

What a shame about your optiician being taken over by one of the large companies.

Sorry to hear you have the beginning of cataracts.

Hope the roadworks are gone when you return for your spectacles.

Jo Anne said...

Cataracs? You poor old dear! If they try and tell me you are old I jus won't believe them - They LIE you know!