Saturday 12 February 2011

Lymington and a Valentine Evening

We woke to glorious sunshine this morning. Well for everyone else except Mike it was a lovely sunny day but the brightness is not so good for his eyes. After breakfast we took Hamish for a walk into Lyndhurst so we could buy some sandwiches for lunch and I wanted to look at the garage selling Ferraris and Maseratis! A girl can dream can't she??

We'd decided to just have a short drive into Lymington this morning and so after walking back to collect the car we set off towards the coast. After parking up we wandered down to the water to look at the boats ...

and then back up the cobbled streets ...

There was a street market, the town was very busy and poor Hamish was not happy with so many feet trying to step on him! Mike bought himself a new chamois leather for the 5 and then we gave up and returned to the car. Heading back to the hotel I suggested that we cross one of the Forest roads and maybe find a spot to eat our lunch. I was visualising a picnic area and ponies wandering about but no such luck. There was nowhere to stop so we turned around and I only saw these ponies grazing by a house ...

before we were off the Forest road again and making for Lyndhurst. Very disappointing. We had lunch in our room watching the television and then while Mike watched the rugby I got the laptop out and did some blogging! It was freee wi-fi yay!! We were all due to gather for a 7pm meal again and I popped into the dining room to get a couple of photos while it was empty. It looked really pretty ...

The table in the corner had the raffle prizes on it ...

The food was just as good as last night and everyone had a lovely time ...

Our joint leader Mike was looking particularly fetching with hearts stuck to his face ...

After the meal the raffle was drawn and I won a red mug with hearts on it ...

Everyone had been asked to bring a themed wrapped prize and after someone else had picked their own prize I was very sneaky and did the same! I didn't let on it was the one I'd taken but I'd really liked the mug when I bought it and didn't want to risk picking something I wouldn't want. Naughty or what??!! We then went to see Hamish and took him for a walk while the others abandoned to the conservatory and lounge getting ready for the quiz. I came back to find I was with Mike (the hearts on the face one not my Mike), Dave and Linda and they'd decided to call our team the Hamishes as my boy was sitting with us. We did brilliantly!! No I lie - we came last and got the sponge ...

Still it was all good fun even if we were rubbish at answering the questions. It was now well past our bedtime and so we said our goodnights and headed for our room.

3 comments:

jordiegirl said...

Sounds like you had a great time - although maybe not so much with the quiz - lol!

jordiegirl said...

Hi Sally-Ann

Pop over to my Yours Truly blog as I've left an Award over there for you to collect if you'd like it.

sally-ann said...

Many thanks for thinking of me and it is much appreciated but I'm afraid I don't 'do' Awards.