Friday 9 July 2010

Two Down One to Go?

They say that things happen in threes in which case I'm now sitting here waiting for a third thing to happen. Last Friday when I turned on the PC it wouldn't connect to the internet and when a BT engineer came out on Monday we were supplied with a nice new shiny black Home Hub. Everything was great until Wednesday when we were watching the Tour de France in the afternoon. It was the final sprint for the line and 'blip' the TV went off as we'd had a power cut. In just a matter of seconds the power was back on but would the Sky+ box come out of standby? Would it heck as like! After chatting to a nice chap at Sky who tried everything to get it working for us we had to admit defeat and wait for an engineer to come out. He arrived today and so we now have a nice new Sky+ box but of course all my saved programmes have gone with the old box. Bah humbug!! I dread to think what the third thing will be. I'll keep a close eye on the freezer I think! The washing machine broke down a while ago so I don't think that can be included in my three things. I'm just a little worried ...

3 comments:

Phill said...

I cant be blamed for all these things as i have not been down in ages!!!! :-) I am, however, surprised, that you did not upgrade to a Sky+HD box!!!

sally-ann said...

It was suggested as it would have been a cheaper option until I pointed out that we'd need a new TV for HD and so it would have been much more expensive!!

jordiegirl said...

Oh dear Sally-Ann. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it isn't anything major that goes wrong.