Thursday 4 March 2010

Mike's Birthday

Today is a very special day for Mike. He already has his bus pass and senior railcard but as of today he is entitled to a State pension! Yes he's now 65. The day began with cards and a present from me while he was sitting in bed. Hamish thought it was Christmas all over again and kept pouncing on him trying to grab something to open! After breks we walked round to see Pam and there was another card and pressie for him. He said he wanted a lazy day (no change there then!!) and in the evening we were going over to the Portreath Arms with Jo and Paul for a meal. I had a Pilates class at six o'clock and so rushed home to shower and change and was just about ready when they arrived with more birthday surprises for him. Jo had made him a beautiful card ...

We strolled over to the pub and after perusing the menu and the specials board and having a big discussion - we all chose scampi! Okay so not mega adventurous but very yummy ...

Just as our food arrived my phone rang and it was Simon ringing to wish his Dad a happy birthday ...

We all love our puddies and Jo and I chose a Baileys cheesecake ...

Paul had apple pie and Mike had chocolate lumpy bumpy! It sounds weird but he said it was delicious - no photo I'm afraid. We then adjourned home to Hamish who was really pleased to see us. Happy Birthday Mike xx

3 comments:

Jo Anne said...

Great pictures! - Happy Birthday Mike xx

Phill said...

Scampie - just for a change?! Is that not what you normally have?

sally-ann said...

I never said it was for a change! I can't help it if I love my scampi :-)