Saturday 2 January 2010

Falmouth and Pendennis Point

Jamie, Phill and Simon arrived at 4.30 this morning having driven overnight from Luton in minus degrees and through snow. I was so pleased when I received a text to say they were almost here that I didn't care that I'd been woken up! After a lazy start to the day it was suddenly suggested that we pick up Pam and head off to Falmouth. I rang Jo and asked if they'd like to join us and they said yes. There was only one slight problem in that the boys' car had no windscreen wipers working as they'd packed up just before arriving here. After several phone calls to garages to see if the car could be looked at and the most common reply being 'bring it in late next week', Phill finally managed to find someone who'll check it out for him first thing Monday morning before they drive back in the afternoon. Luckily it was a beautiful sunny day today and no rain in sight! After coffee and toasted teacakes in our usual spot overlooking the harbour and a quick shop in Trago we all drove up to Pendennis Point for ice-creams ...


Just for a change we walked down from the lower car park ...


No oil rig moored off this time ...

We saw what looked like the remains of a table and seats with an interesting hole in the rock just behind it ...


Phill climbed down to the rocks ...

and I couldn't get over the beautiful view looking towards St Anthony Head ...

1 comment:

Penny said...

It is lovely when I can say I have been there, even if it was just over 10 years ago!