Thursday 2 July 2009

Pilates 2:1

Whilst away on our hols I had a text from Jo asking if I'd be interested in having a 2:1 session of Pilates at her place. Naturally I said yes and so this afternoon I left Portreath with Mel and headed for Jo's home. Mel had some strange torture-looking equipment with her but more of that later!

We began with a warm up and after trying to walk along a rubber band which was about three inches wide - yes we were trying to look like those gymnasts on TV who do amazing things on a beam - it was down on the floor with a long roll underneath us ...

Not the easiest of things to balance on especially when Mel is say "Lift your leg" and then"Lift both legs". I managed to get a photo of Jo doing exactly what had happened to me ...


Yes, we both fell off it!

It was really good having Mel to ourselves as she could explain everything slowly and make sure that we were doing it all correctly. We used squidgy balls for another exercise but no photos I'm afraid! Then came the rings ...

Apart from using them between our legs Mel found other ways of using them to torture us!

All the time we were working Fred was feeling very left out and decided he wanted to get in on the act ...


No Fred - that's not how it's supposed to be done!!

Almost finished now ...

After all our hard work it was time for a very welcome cuppa and a very naughty cake! Many thanks to Mel for teaching me and to Jo for the use of her home.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Great fun! But shame about Bonky Bed Fred!