Monday 16 June 2008

Family Day

Today was to be a family day, meeting my cousin Marianne from the train at Preston Park Station and hopefully visiting some relations. It all started well with a drive over to Brighton and a stop at St Augustine’s Church where I used to go to Sunday School.


We arrived at the Station with time to spare and waited for Marianne who appeared about ten minutes late which wasn’t bad for rail travel! We then drove to the Black Lion where we had lunch and a good natter.

We decided to call on an uncle who unfortunately was not at home so back to the drawing board and out came the address book to see who else we could visit. I rang an aunt who was thrilled to hear from us and yes, please call in for a chat. I can’t remember the last time I saw her but it must have been thirty or more years ago. She looked just the same, just a bit greyer and a bit dodgy on her pins but then she is 87! She’d had a bad fall recently and had a couple of nasty bruises on her face but she was just the same lovely lady as I remembered. It was great to see her and I’m so pleased we made the effort.

We then dropped Marianne back at the train station, said our farewells and made our way home to the campsite.

Not many photos today but this is our pitch on the site … and just look at the size of the RV in the background!



No comments: